Language Week Is Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

For the third, consecutive year the Association of Foreign Languages ‘Asociación de Lenguas Extranjeras’ or ALE is hosting its Language Week at UPRM! This academic year the event will be duplicated for the first time: instead of doing it during the second semester of the college year, it will be now be done once both semesters. This semester’s event, which will run from Monday, November 9 to Thursday, November 12, will be based on more educational grounds, while next semester the Association will organize a more interactive week. Here’s a preview of Language Week, and an initerary of the week’s activities and workshops:

During Monday, November 9 the group of TACU will be at the Wall of Chardon at 10:30am to start out the week. If you’re artistic or not, it doesn’t matter! This will be a fun experience and a good way to distract yourself from the stress of upcoming finals.

Following the TACU event will be the conference by Professor Michael Huffmaster on his most recent research “The Unique Potential of Foreign Language Study to Foster Critical and Creative Thinking in Higher Education,” which will be hosted at CH-114 on Tuesday, November 10 from 10:30am to 12:00pm.

The following day, the Language Week will break out of routine by hosting a Night of International Poetry. You can bring a poem of any kind, and any language! Go have some fun at ‘La Cueva of Tarzan’ at 7:00PM!

The week comes to a close on Thursday, November 12 with a workshop on basic Mandarin facilitated by Professor Mingyan Chen, which will take place at CH-121 at 10:30am. What better way to indulge in the language than spend some of your time learning the basics?

Her Campus at UPRM