Tik Tok’s Viral PINK Sauce Obsession: Everything You Need To Know

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

For those of you who’ve never heard of this mystifying product, PINK Sauce is a pink condiment that has been talked about frequently in the last couple of months ever since it blew on Tik Tok. Veronica Shaw, Tik Tok user @chef.pii, first  promoted her product “PINK Sauce” in early June 2022 and has now reached its peak in NBC news and L.A. Times newsletters. Everyone is talking about this product and it’s time to learn what is up with this saucy condiment. 

During the early stages of her PINK Sauce, Chef Pii was seen eating it in most of her videos as a topping for chicken, pizza, among other foods. In fact, the main reason her pink condiment became popular in the first place was (apart from its signature color) that no one really knew what was in it. This question alone was what made Chef Pii gain so many views and spread the word of PINK sauce.

When Veronica Shaw began marketing it, people who bought it shared their experience with the condiment on Tik Tok, and they quickly noticed that this first prototype’s nutritional facts, to everyone’s surprise, was filled with erroneous information. For example, the bottle said it contained “444 servings per container” and allegedly had “dried spices” even though it never specified which ones in particular it had. Additionally, another bizarre thing about it was that it contained milk and pitaya, which is certainly a different approach in ingredients for a sauce to say the very least!

An interview conducted by Inside Edition asked Chef Pii about this obvious printed error in which she honestly replied: “That’s why we paused the production and we’re printing new labels… Everything has rolled out extremely fast. Mistakes happen”. An error like this along with her statement in the matter led people to question whether PINK Sauce was safe to consume and whether or not the ingredients mixed within the condiment had any truth in it. However, this incident didn’t lead to PINK Sauce’s downfall. Veronica Shaw surprised social media a few months ago when she announced her brand deal and partnership with Dave’s Gourmet, another sauce company, to begin producing new bottles of PINK sauce. When they sold them on their official website and everyone saw how different it looked from the first ones, it was as if this product had been reshaped and reformed to become what Chef Pii wanted her product to become. The condiment had a new bottle size, different shade of pink, and its nutritional fact chart was improved.

But the story didn’t end there. What shocked many people in the end was that Walmart began selling the condiment on their shelves. The PINK Sauce that had caused so much controversy for its own brand and yet it’s being sold in one of America’s largest retail incorporations. In the end, all of PINK Sauce’s publicity on social media and articles helped it grow to be (probably) the most talked about sauce in all America.

Mónica Zoé Haddock Marrero is a contributor at the Her Campus at UPR chapter. She’s a writer and social media designer for the chapter’s online platforms. All things health, such as nutrition, exercise, skin-and-hair care and self-care are all things she has written about and will continue to do so. Also, engrossing topics involving science and research are Mónica’s main area of interest. Apart from being a proud member of Her Campus, Mónica is a recent member in the SACNAS organization which provides professional and research opportunities for STEM students. She hopes to become a professional herself within this fieldwork. Moreover, she is currently an undergraduate at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, majoring in Biology with an emphasis in Molecular Cell Biology. In her free time, Mónica writes short stories about fantasy and science fiction, enjoys making (as well as collecting) earrings and reads comics and stories of all kinds, specifically within the romantic and drama genre. She mostly listens to jazz or lofi while studying, but when she’s doing other miscellaneous things, Mónica listens to pop, rap, love songs and even classical music.