This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Poetic Mondays: Mosaicature

“I’m not taking your wishes into consideration” this is one of the main lines of this poem and, as the author said, this poem was created to portray the thoughts of the rejected individual when it comes to affairs of the heart. Although rejection hurts just know there are two parties involved and one’s feelings aren’t the only ones that should be accounted for.

Make no mistake

The reason I look back when we part,

the reason I meticulously plan every move,

or the reason I’m always within arms reach is not because I want to be your friend

not that I won’t

It’s just that my interests lie elsewhere…

with the noblest intentions I want you close to me

To show you the Mosaic of my heart and have you interpret it

you’ve carved yourself a corner in my hand ever since

I met you

I want to be close to you

and not be forgotten…

I’m being a selfish optimist

I’m not taking your wishes into consideration

I don’t want to accept that a friend is all I am…

I’d rather live a lie

the lie that all I have to do is ask you and you’d be mine

and name myself a coward for never doing so…

it’s the limbo I can live with.

In other words it’s the torture I can take.

Rather than the torture of  knowing I never had a chance…

I guess this much is true

we build our own hell,

and choose the one we can live with

so I write you this

not so you’ll love me

and definetly not to say goodbye

But because if I don’t

I might go insane.

by Rafael Armando

who am i? I'm Rafael Hernández. probably the most conceited person you'll ever meet. But not in a bad way. You see, I raise myself up because I believe that in order to love someone you have to first be able to love yourself. I get people. I'm a listener as much as i am a talker and that's saying a lot. I'm also honest and straightforward because I have nothing to hide and I'm not afraid to be blunt. I also think it's incredibly obnoxious to brag about oneself like i'm doing right now but hey it's a bio so let's have some fun with it XP. I always say: "Live life the way you want to because chances are nobody cares more about your life than you!" But don't take that out of context. it's ALSO important to listen and consider other people's opinions and foresight because sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to point out what's wrong. YOLO so make it count!