This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Monday! Monday! Monday! (read it in a sports announcer’s voice)

Are you mad? Are you angry?! Well I’m not, and I hope you aren’t either because there’s a new Poetic Monday here for you. But clearly this author wasn’t as happy as us when this poem was written. So let’s make this author happy by reading this poem (or at least make us happy by sharing it). Enjoy

It starts with a trigger.

Cocked, pulled and shot.

The rage fills every square inch of your body and nothing is able to pierce the veil that you are right.

You cease to think clearly.

You think about how none of it is fair and you’ve been wronged.

It’s not fair that everyone gets what they want except for you.

Why shouldn’t you get the ONE thing you asked for?!

It’s their fault.

It’s all their fault.

They should have taken your feelings into consideration

What makes them so special?

Why can’t it be them to sacrifice what they want for once?

WHY ARE THEY SO DAMN SELFISH?????

The sound of crumpling paper and a broken pencil echo in your head.

Then there’s Silence…

You realize you are no longer in control of your emotions, rather, your emotions are in control you and that you need to calm down.

Because if you don’t.

You might end up doing something you’ll regret.

by Maxeon Loveheart

who am i? I'm Rafael Hernández. probably the most conceited person you'll ever meet. But not in a bad way. You see, I raise myself up because I believe that in order to love someone you have to first be able to love yourself. I get people. I'm a listener as much as i am a talker and that's saying a lot. I'm also honest and straightforward because I have nothing to hide and I'm not afraid to be blunt. I also think it's incredibly obnoxious to brag about oneself like i'm doing right now but hey it's a bio so let's have some fun with it XP. I always say: "Live life the way you want to because chances are nobody cares more about your life than you!" But don't take that out of context. it's ALSO important to listen and consider other people's opinions and foresight because sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to point out what's wrong. YOLO so make it count!