This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

I have been testing beauty products to see which brands work best for me, and I can safely say that I cracked the code! Attempt to take advantage of drugstore sales, so you can get these for less. I highly recommend the following drugstore beauty care products: 

1.  Clean&Clear Acne Triple Clear ($7.29)

I wash my face in the morning and evening with this soap. It helps fight current and future breakouts without leaving any residue. 

2.    Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner ($9.99) 

After drying off from the cleanser, I use a cotton pad to apply the toner to keep fighting off acne. 

3.    Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer ($7.99)

I usually wait a minute or two for the toner to dry before applying the moisturizer. 

4.    Clean&Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment ($8.79)

If my skin is showing signs of breakouts at the moment, I apply this trusty spot treatment. I wake up the next morning, and I immediately notice the change. 

5.    Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water ($8.99)

Girls, please, please, please do not go to bed with your makeup on. Micellar water is an oil-free, lightweight option over traditional makeup remover. 

6.    L’Oreal Pure Clay Mask ($12.99)

This semester has been a nightmare! I have been using this mask three times a week to clean out residue dirt and oil from the week to prevent inducing breakouts thanks to my high-stress levels. You feel refreshed afterward and ready to study. I recommend applying moisturizer right after rinsing it off. 

7.    L’Oreal Eye Defense ($14.99)

Late night studies equal puffy eyes the next morning. Apply this cream twice a day and you’ll see the difference. 

8.    Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner ($14.99) 

My curls need a balance between protein and hydration to protect it from frizz. I have found this combo to be affordable and satisfying.

9.    Marc Anthony Grow Long Conditioner ($7.99) 

I tend to just condition my hair instead of shampooing, and this conditioner does the job. 

10.    Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Strengthening Styling Milk ($11.99)

Finally, I style my hair with this styling cream after lightly towel drying my hair. It protects the curls by locking in the moisture and keeping it from frizzing. I always have a travel size bottle in my purse while on campus if I ever need a touch-up. 

Remember to take care of yourself as you study; drink water, eat a balanced and nutritious diet, sneak in some work out hours in the week and try to sleep more. I hope this was helpful for you! Go out and conquer! 

Ana Teresa Solá is a Creative Writing student at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus and aspires to further her education with an M.S. in Journalism. Solá covers all things society and culture, and advocates for human equality.