Style

How to Wear Leather During The Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Fall, my favorite season of the year, is the time where new style trends peek and old fashion styles arise. The colors are richer, the styles are more couture, and you get to wear boots! Of the many styles that are in for this season, I’m going to present one of my favorites, which is leather. Living on a tropical island makes it hard to include leather in our wardrobes. Though, there are ways to sneak it in and rock it.

In the Fashion Runways of 2018, the most dominant of all fabrics this season was leather which came by way of skirts, trousers, and trench coats. Leather is taking a new spin; black is out! Givenchy exhibited coats in petrol green and Loewe did dresses in butterscotch-colored leather. A midi black leather skirt as seen as Hermes will serve you well next winter, as will a pair of Saint Laurent’s leather trousers.

The Leather Skirt

A post shared by Johanna (@johannanette) on

The leather skirt I am a huge skirt fan, as you can see by taking a peek into my wardrobe. I have all kinds of skirts. But there is no better thing to have in a young lady’s closet like a leather skirt. There are many ways to rock a leather skirt. There are leather pencil, skater and body-con skirts. Pencil skirts could be a bit warm for our climate, but if you’re going to be indoors, you should be fine. Also, do not be afraid of using different colored leather pieces.

The Leather Jacket

A post shared by charles stokes (@charlesstokesphotography) on

Oh, I know what you’re thinking, “that is no good for warm weather”. I am sorry, but there are sacrifices to be made in the name of fashion. In any case, the little black dress and the leather jacket are two staples necessary in every girl’s closet. It’s not an asset. Nor is it a weapon like the leather skirt, it is necessary. It can make any outfit look badass. You could pair it with a short sundress, cut off shorts, or a cotton skirt even. It’s the most versatile of outwear.

Leather Booties

A post shared by SOLO (@obuca_solo) on

These are, in my opinion, the easiest to rock. Leather shoes/boots come in every shape and size. You could wear boots with heels or flat boots. In Puerto Rico, you will never regret having boots, because other than being hot, it’s very rainy… Put on those boots and wear them with confidence! Among many fall trends, this is probably the hardest for us Puerto Ricans to wear. I assure you, it’s doable. Not only is it doable but it’s guaranteed to call attention to your outfit. Don’t forget to wear whatever you want on a night out on with confidence!

Rock your leather in style!

Personal style blogger who loves black and white... And poetry.