This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Heads up, Gallitos and Jerezanas! On Saturday, February 3rd our very own gallitos will be competing against the Interamericana University’s tigers for a spot in the semifinals. The soccer team has been preparing themselves for this and the enthusiasm is contagious.

A few days ago, they competed against la Inter as well but, unfortunately, they lost. This next opportunity will serve as a final shot for the UPRRP campus to move up. If you wish to attend, it’ll be held at La Gallera on campus, starting at 3 pm. Don’t be late!

Defend the coop and support our gallitos!

Meet the players.

Images acquired from FutbolUPR.

Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Josie is a senior in the UPR-Río Piedras campus, majoring in English Literature. When she's not on campus, you can find her browsing a bookstore (as if her TBR pile isn't big enough already!). Books and writing are what drives this girl--apart from fighting to destigmatize mental illnesses and raising awareness about the importance of consent. Josie enjoys traveling, bingeing on spicy food and a lot of sweets, blasting Bieber, and adding shows or movies to her Netflix queue that she'll never get to. Josie is a junior editor for the Rio Piedras chapter in Puerto Rico. If you want to see what else Josie is up to, you can catch her on her bookstagram.