This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

As part of the Córdova and Fernós Congressional Internship Program, UPR cutie Sergio Calzada was chosen to live and work in Washington D.C. this semester along with 23 other students from around the Island. Kind, hardworking and a hopeless romantic, Sergio is learning how to manage a new chapter in his life while always staying positive. Now, without further ado, let’s find out a bit more about this week’s Campus Cutie: D.C. Edition! 

Name: Sergio Ernesto Calzada MartínezHometown: Canóvanas, Puerto RicoMajor: Political ScienceRelationship status: TAKEN by the most intelligent and beautiful woman on earth.

Favorite food: A big plate of rice, beans and “pastelón de carne“.Best TV show: How I Meet Your Mother, House of Cards and ScandalActivities and extra-curriculars: Honors Program, Social Sciences Student Council, Pre-Law Society,Córdova & Fernós Congressional Internship, National Society of Collegiate Scholars

HCUPR: What would you consider is your best personality trait?My family and friends always say that I am a very caring person. I feel compassion for those in need. I can’t stand injustice.

HCUPR: What’s your idea of a perfect date?A romantic dinner with a bottle of wine, served under the stars at the seaside with my girlfriend.

HCUPR: What are your career aspirations? Where do you see yourself in five years?My plans are definitely attending law school, that’s for sure. As for where I see myself in five years, I’d have to say passing the bar exam and working at my own law firm.

HCUPR: What’s one thing on your bucket list?Backpacking through South America.

HCUPR: What are your major interests and hobbies?Quality time with my girlfriend, family and friends; going to the beach; playing soccer; reading & writing.

HCUPR: What’s the number one place on your To-Visit list? The Amazon Rainforest, in Brazil

HCUPR: What is your favorite UPR moment?The moment that I asked the most special girl in my life to be my girlfriend; I’m never going to forget that day.

HCUPR: What is something not many people know about you?A lot people think that I’m a serious person, but they should get to know me in order to see that I can be really nice and friendly, ha ha!

HCUPR: What are you afraid of? I’m afraid of not giving the best of me and not taking advantage of all the opportunities that might appear in my life.

Ana Maria Baez is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras and is Her Campus UPR's Campus Correspondent. Pursuing a major in Political Science, she enjoys reading, writing, Sunday brunch, traveling overseas, springtime and playing with her miniature schnauzer. She has interned on Capitol Hill for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the Hispanic Press Office, and since joining the Her Campus UPR team in May 2013, she has been working hard towards promoting the first-ever chapter established in Puerto Rico.