This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

When we went to Kudough’s Donut & Coffee Bar, we didn’t expect our whole lives to be change, but they were. We tried a variety of their donuts.

Triangle, a regular glazed vanilla bean donut

Simple, but delicious. They somehow managed to make a regular donut taste heavenly.

Vegan Garden, a fully vegan donut filled with coco & parcha

You’d think coco and parcha wouldn’t work in a donut but our tastebuds say otherwise.

Blueberry, filled with coco-tembleque

Look at those gorgeous colors!

Though Kudough’s Donut & Coffee Bar change their donut flavor menu monthly, these three donuts were simply too delicious for us to pass up telling you all about them. You should stay tuned to their menu and see when they bring them back again!

The Bacon Cheesecake Donut

Hello, there; Ariana, here! By the name of this donut, you may very well be like “What? Cheesecake? And bacon?” Well, yes! And I bet you that this donut will change your life. It is perfect and my personal favorite. Its perfection begins with a soft glaze and bacon bits, then you bite into the soft, fluffy dough; you’ll notice it’s not dry or too moist. A bonus is that the flavor is a 100% homemade. Then you get to the amazing filling, that mix of cream cheese and the bacon bits. It is sweet, as it’s supposed to be in a donut, but do not be fooled, it is no sugary dessert, I would go for it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner without hesitation. I recommend it is the best donut I have ever had.

The Key Lime Pie Donut

Luna, here! My favorite donut was the Key Lime Pie one. I loved this donut. I would quite literally die for this donut. I heavily dislike desserts with lime or lemons as the main flavor profile, but oh boy, this donut was too much.

It’s a brioche dough donut, with a lime pie filling, and it’s topped off with a broiled meringue. The texture was perfect, and the dough wasn’t overly sweet. It complemented the tang of the filling in a balance that was just right. I also don’t like meringue, but this one was delicious. It added a pop of airy flavor that made the donut a symphony of deliciousness. I loved this donut so so so much.  

The Nutella Donut

Hey! It’s Arhiadne in the house! We all know that Nutella desserts can be very sweet and cloying but the Nutella donut was another thing. Guys, I don’t know what they did but it wasn’t empalagosa at all. The outside of the donut was dusted with cinnamon sugar, which made its flavor remind me of a churro. The inside was filled with just the right amount of Nutella, and the outside was decorated with tiny dollops of broiled meringue. The donut was perfectly decorated. It looked so beautiful and delicious. The combination of the flavors and the brioche dough made every bite the perfect one.

We really hope you go and taste this, and then feel free to let us know on Twitter what you thought! Happy donut eating!

Antoinette Luna is a Performance Studies and Comparative Literature major at the UPR. Her passions include writing, reading, and anything crafty. She loves to sew, write, and make things from scratch. DIY is the name of her game. Around campus, she is known as a bubbly young woman who goes by just Luna. Her future goals include traveling, traveling, and more traveling. Outspoken transfeminist, and wannabe activist, she's out to set fires.
Ariana Rios is a book lover and aspiring writer ready to change the world with her words. Her interests vary from film-watching and writing to taking care of dogs and all animals. Some of her inspirations are: nature and diversity. Proud student of University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras. Foreign Languages Major. Double Major in Journalism. Junior Student.
Arhiadne is a freshman at UPR. She's currently in the Humanities Faculty but is thinking about changing to the Faculty of Business Administration because she wants to open her own restaurant someday. However, she usually doesn't have much to say about herself because, according to her, she only knows how to binge-watch Netlfix.