This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Treat Yo Self Day!  AKA Valentine’s Day

For years as a single woman, I have seen couples walk along hand in hand, and be loving and affectionate day to day.  It is hard seeing couples, knowing that you will be alone for Valentine’s Day.  Trust me, it sucks.  No one wants to be alone for V-Day, because it is just a reminder that you don’t have that “somebody.”  A reminder that Valentine’s Day is the day to show your “love” for that person. 

This isn’t a pity party.  For the past two years, I have made Valentine’s Day, Treat Yo Self Day. On Valentine’s Day, this is a day for singles to treat themselves to things that they possible never do.  On this day, you could go to the spa, eat a luxurious meal, go on a shopping spree, get a makeover, anything that is self-love.  It is important to know that you are loved and that you feel good too.

Self-love is important on any day but for Valentine’s Day, you need to remember that you are worth every penny that you spend on yourself.  For this Valentine’s Day, I challenge everyone!  Yes even the couples to treat yo self on this day and just make sure you know you are loved.

XOXO

Mari

I am a fun loving, nerdy, chill, cool girl. I love being a comic book nerd and love to talk about anything and everything. If you want to play video games or even board games I am your girl. I love playing multiplayer games as well as Twister!!! I have a very corky fashion style and well I love it!! I am just a girl that knows what she wants and will try to get there.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.