This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The idea that has derived from A Collegiette’s Guide to Life—of a college woman who possesses all the necessary boss woman skills—was more than appealing to senior, Samantha Ekberg. Her Campus has come to claim these characteristics, which is what drew Ekberg to the organization in the first place.

“Empowerment through writing, service, and participation,” as Ekberg described, are some ways this organization has defied her expectations.

Being a transfer student, the desire to become involved and meet fresh faces was a leap out of her comfort zone, and the unique aspect of diverse feminine empowerment further inspired her. Being in the Special Events section, doing graphic design, Ekberg couldn’t be more grateful to have the opportunity to express herself through her passion.

“I love being in Graphic Design because not only do I get to do what I love,” Ekberg said, “I also am directly contributing to the group.”

With her busy weekend schedule spent working away, her only regret would be not having the chance to complete volunteer hours during the week. With someone as involved and passionate, it’s only fitting that she want more opportunities to lend a helping hand whenever she can. Which is why the future for her at Her Campus is looking bright.  

“[I hope] to help [Her Campus] grow and be a larger part of the UNT community,” Ekberg proudly said.

Wanna be lawyer who's knee deep in the fashion industry with a caffeine addiction (:
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.