Madison Claire Wilson: Transfer Student and Journalist

22-year-old Madison Claire Wilson is a fairly recent transfer student at UNT. Originally from the University of Texas at Austin, she transferred to UNT almost a year ago. She is currently working as a journalist for the Prosper Press News and summer intern for the Denton Record-Chronicle. Madison has covered numerous stories but this week I got a chance to sit and talk with her about her own plans.

What made you choose UNT?

I love to write. I chose UNT because I really wanted to study journalism and heard that UNT has a great journalism program.

What’s your major and minor? Why?

My major is journalism with concentrations in print and digital media. I have a double minor in English and social science.

What do you plan to do after you graduate?

After I graduate I want to get paid to write. I’ll probably be working at a newspaper, hopefully, fingers crossed, at the Dallas Morning News at some point.

How have you gotten involved with the UNT community?

I actually really haven’t yet. I mean, I’ve made friends at UNT but I haven’t really gotten involved on campus. I commute every day from McKinney so being involved in clubs or activities takes more effort.

What are some of your interests outside of school?

Outside of going to school, I love yoga, literature, and being outside. Although most of the time I’m just watching stuff on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

What might someone be surprised to know about you?

I have a nearly 2-year-old son named Maddox!

UNT Junior Integrative Studies major with focuses in Women and gender Studies, Political Science and International Studies. Minoring in photography and journalism. Born and raised in the heart of Chicago, but relocated to Texas for school. I'm passionate about photography, fashion, foods, Vintage polaroid and old records.