harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Keep Your Life Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Being in college, there is very rarely a moment where you have zero obligations throughout the week. Whether it is a stack of homework or an 8 hour shift of work, you very rarely get time to yourself to just relax and breathe. Here are 3 helpful tips to keep your life together:

Become best friends with your PLANNER

Honestly, if I don’t write out everything, I will not remember all of the different obligations and tasks that I need to complete throughout the week. I use my planner to pace myself and to give myself deadlines on when I need to complete tasks. This also allows to have time for myself to put on a mud-mask and catch up on some TV shows I missed throughout the week.

Start your day by MEDITATING

Meditating is very beneficial to the mind and body when you are a busy college student that is always on the go. I started this 30 day meditation challenge on YouTube and I have fallen in love. After meditating, my day seems to be more lax and I am also in a mindset that is ready to take on tasks and complete them. The mornings when I rush out of my dorm without meditating I can definitely feel the difference from when I do.

Turn your phone of and enjoy YOU

Honestly, social media can be so draining at times. I always make sure to take at least a couple hours out of the week where I just shut my phone off and read a book or even just write down in a journal some updated goals; I just use this time to reflect on my life. Sometimes, I feel like I’m going to class everyday and pursuing a degree without a specific purpose. I take this time to reflect on my purpose and what I want to accomplish whether short term or long term.

I am a sophomore transfer student studying communications at the University of North Texas. I am originally from Joliet, IL , a suburb outside of Chicago, and have previously attended Lewis University. I am very interested in beauty and everything fashion. I enjoy spending my days watching Youtube and also documentaries on Netflix.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.