Why H&M’s New Autumn Collection Campaign Film Gave Me Goosebumps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Swedish brand H&M has always been one of my favorite places to shop for trendy, affordable clothes, and accessories. But their new campaign video for autumn made me love them 10x more. They went above and beyond a typical campaign video and set out to redefine what it means to be #ladylike, stating that “the dictionary definition of the term ladylike is both old and outdated.” Totally agree. Their selection of models used in the film is A+, too, featuring a broad range of diverse women who embody the word “girl power.”  Who makes an appearance? 72-year-old supermodel and girl power advocate, Lauren Hutton, as well as Lion Babe’s Jillian Hervey who sings the new version of “She’s a Lady” featured in the video. Totally cool transgender model Hari Nef and Adwoa Aboah, feminist and founder of Gurls Talk (who has some rocking freckles) also star in the film. Take a peek:

Do you have goosebumps; are you smiling? See, I told you. Being ladylike is no longer defined by what your grandma would say – it’s bold, fearless, and confident. It can be hard to exude the fab, go-getter, “I don’t take crap from anyone” type of attitude each day, and the women featured are a great reminder that it is possible, and we can have a real impact on the things we are passionate about. So, ladies, let’s get out there and show off what it really means to be ladylike. 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.