We all know that around this time of year just about everyone around you is coughing, sneezing, and feeling downright miserable. Can’t afford to miss a day of studying? Here are the best ways to avoid those germs:
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands more than you usually would! Germs spread fast and can be found everywhere – doorknobs, borrowed pens, desks, you name it! In order to prematurely combat the virus, try to keep your hands as clean as possible.
- Stay active: This will help your body release healthy chemicals and will also help in flushing out toxins in your system.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is like a college kid’s gold. Your body is even more susceptible to illness when you are well-rested.
- Keep up that Vitamin C: Vitamin C will help boost the strength of your immune system. I try to eat a lot of oranges, and, during this time of year, will sometimes even take Vitamin C supplements.
- Avoid if necessary: Your best friend may be the one who has the terrible cold. You love her, but you also have an important test coming up. It may be the smartest option just to keep your distance for a bit until she starts to feel better.