This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Everyone gets tired of winter after a while, and if you don’t then kudos to you. Here are five things to look forward to this spring! (Did I mention baby animals?)

1. GOODBYE SNOW

The snow will have to stop. It may not stop right away but it will have started to give up its torment on our ability as students to get to class. I know a lot of people think snow is pretty and it makes them happy, but when I get stuck in a snow drift on my way to a college class where the professor doesn’t accept getting stuck in a snow drift as a viable excuse even after you email them pictures as proof, IT GETS OLD.

2. HELLO FLOWERS

I can plant and see lots of flowers. Especially sunflowers. I sure do miss color. Pinterest has given me so many new ideas for my flowerbed and little succulent gardens. I’m chomping at the bit to start planting.

3. LAYERING IS A FASHION CHOICE

I no longer have to walk around looking like an Eskimo going on a three-day journey in order to get to class. UNLESS I want to. I can wear cute flannels that people will actually get to see because they’re not covered up by a coat and I no longer have to cover up my attempt at the perfect makeup look under a scarf.

4. ALL THE SMELLS

Fresh flowers, cool breezes, warm air, no more stuffy noses. We’ve all seen the meme that says how we never appreciate having an unstuffed nose until our nose is stuffed. I’m here to say I will never forget to appreciate that and I can’t wait for spring to truly give me that opportunity.

5. BABY ANIMALS

CHICKENS, DUCKS, BUNNIES, BIRDS, KITTENS, CALVES, PUPPIES, I could list sooo many animals. We’ll be having baby chicks hatching at home and with Easter coming every TV commercial is going to be overloaded with cute animals. Even the parks around Nebraska will be flourishing with baby geese. If that’s not something to get excited about then I don’t know what is.

Agriculture and Environmental Science Communication Major, class of 2021. Passionate about agriculture, writing, and art (of all kinds)!! I pride myself in being a pun aficionado and I love finding good new music!