This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

My senior year is coming to an end in just a short few months, and while it is bitter-sweet, I’m feeling more of the sweetness than the bitterness recently.

I feel like everyone in college has this expectation that they should never want to leave college and that they should never want the best years of their life to end. Undergrad for me has certainly been fun; I’ve made some of the best friends I ever have, and I have made memories that I’m sure I will still talk about when I’m 70. But I find myself daydreaming about what post-undergrad life will be like – starting graduate school, starting my new career, truly living on my own, and figuring out how I want to live my life.

Maybe I’m just worn out, maybe I’m cynical, but I cannot wait for May 22, 2022. I can’t wait to walk across the stage, degree in hand, happy that I’ve made it through some of the best and worst times of my life. Even now, I sometimes can’t contain my excitement about going to graduate school and learning about what I actually want to, and then being able to make a lifelong career out of doing what I love. Some people dread entering the workforce and becoming a “true adult,” but I see it as a new opportunity to do something that is just my own, something that I can finally take control over.

While I will be enjoying the last few months of college-shenanigans, in the back of my mind I’ll always have the image of my future adult life and remember that all the annoying and crazy stress I’m going through now, will be all worth it in the end.

Graduated (May '22) Neuroscience & Behavior student at the University of New Hampshire. Happy reading! HCXO