danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why I Love Working For A Wedding Magazine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Of course, every girl dreams about their wedding day. Since I’ve started interning at a wedding magazine, I have been that much more interested in the wedding industry. As a 20 year old, I would love to have a wedding but without the whole marriage part (duh) and working at a wedding magazine sort of fulfills that. I get to spend hours looking at different weddings around the seacoast area and learning about the do’s and don’ts of wedding planning. My favorite part is picking different details from each wedding in the magazine and seeing which ones I could picture myself incorporating in my own wedding day.

Having an internship in general is a great experience. I have interned at a few different companies since I’ve been in college and it’s really helped me explore different positions that I could potentially be interested in. Interning while going to school full-time has helped me realize that I don’t mind the heavy work load because I love my job so much. I currently intern in Portsmouth at a magazine called Seacoast Weddings. Since working there, I have learned so much about the wedding industry. I really believe it could be something that I focus on in my future career. After working there for about 8 months, I have already networked with so many people in the Portsmouth community that cater to the wedding business. A day in the life of a wedding magazine intern includes posting on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter multiple times a day. Every day is different in the office, though. Sometimes I’m looking through old issues of the magazine to post, pulling content from the current issue to have for our website or just crunching numbers in order to find out how to get more followers.

The wedding inspiration never ends! If you love looking at wedding photos or reading blogs that focus on this business as much as me, make sure to check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

I am a senior at the University of New Hampshire studying Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in communications. I'm so excited to be HC UNH's CC this year! Check out my blog: https://www.cupoftblog.com/ HCXO <3
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!