This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

You don’t need a candlelit dinner and a plus-sized teddy bear to make Valentine’s Day special. You don’t need a boyfriend or a girlfriend, or a random hookup buddy to feel something. Come February 14, we’re raising a champagne glass to self-love because relationships are overrated anyways.

Time to plan out your to-do list and these tasks revolve all around you and only you. Target, do you have any open reservations on Sunday? You’re all any girl needs. But actually, run to your local Target and grab all the Sunday-night necessities, facemasks, bath bombs, brownie mix, chocolates, all the sweets. Order yourself a spicy tuna roll or two, and binge-watch romcoms from the warmth of your bubble-filled bathtub.

Woman shaving her legs in the bathtub
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

Have you always wanted a handwritten love letter complimenting all your best moments and ignoring all your flaws? Pen and paper, please. Take some time to self-reflect and jot down all the reasons that highlight just how special you truly are.

And don’t forget the roses, of course. By yourself those flowers! 

Hey everyone! You've come to a great spot for all things lifestyle, especially the three F's (food, fitness, and fashion). I'm Kenley and I'm a senior at The University of New Hampshire pursuing a major in English/Journalism. This is my first year writing for Her Campus, and I'm so excited to get started! I've worked as a writing intern for both Society19 and Glitter Magazine and am currently a lead editor for Glitter. I can't wait to further expand my experience with journalism. Wish you all the best! Kenley
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!