This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

This is probably the strangest time in my life currently, I have never experienced anything like this, nor do I know anyone that has experienced anything remotely like this, and quite frankly I don’t know how I’m doing or quite how I feel and where my head is at. But at the same time I don’t think anyone does. I will be honest in saying I have not been as adamant about doing school work as I should be, or getting anything done except watching tik toks and movies all day. But that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The one thing I have realized during this strange crazy time, is that everyone is handling things differently. 

For some people, if they are able to work from home, they might be burying themselves in that, and others might be cooking or baking. But with that being said everyone is going to get through this time at their own pace and doing what they need to do to cope. I know as for people like myself, anxiety is at an all time high, simply not knowing what tomorrow brings is literally quite terrifying, and a constant panic attack, especially during this time. And with that there is a feeling of doom constantly above my head, but with anxiety, you can turn it into a good thing. With that being said for some people this pandemic is going to cause serious financial problems for people, whether it be using the only money they have saved to feed their family, or if someone has a loved one in the hospital due to the virus, and with that bill running up it can throw people into serious debt. And I think financially this virus is causing a lot of stress with people not knowing when they can return to work and when things can return to normal. 

There is a lot of uncertainty, even as there is still so much good and wholesome things happening in the world right now. The good is community coming together to celebrate a child’s birthday, families standing outside the window of a nursing home to visit an elderly loved one that they can no longer hug and hold close during this time, or sharing positive messages to people through social media. And the air pollution around the globe has decreased significantly during this time. There is also so much wholeheartedness in those on the front line of this virus and helping the fight, and helping those in need and putting themselves in danger everyday, just to make an impact on the world especially during this time. 

Lastly, put your anxiety into things that make you feel good, whether that be watching a movie, working out, or baking, or whatever it may be. For everyone how they handle stress and anxiety varies. And everyone saying that this is a time to get everything you’ve ever wanted done, isn’t quite true for everyone. So it is best for everyone to take the uncertainty of life one day at a time and focus on what you can control in your immediate personal bubble and as hard as it may seem to not dwell on what you cannot control. And always remember that even within the storm there will still be a rainbow at the end. There is so much good in the world, and so much to be thankful for, be thankful there is still another day, the sun is still rising and setting, and there is progress being made everyday. Maybe go for a walk and explore somewhere you haven’t been before, simply pick up a book, or even scroll through tik tok until you don’t know what day of the week it is. Start everyday with a big stretch and a deep breath and remember that you can change the course of your day and make it what you want it to be. Take things at your own pace. And don’t forget to love yourself through this difficult time.

Lover of country music and my dog.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!