Wellness

The 30-Minute Fun Fitness Challenge

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Today, we’re diving into the world of quick, effective and most importantly, fun workouts that you can do in just 30 minutes. Whether you’re between classes, needing a break from studying or just looking for a quick energy boost, these workouts are guaranteed to make you sweat!

HIIT workouts

High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is the ultimate time-saver and mood booster. These workouts alternate short bursts of intense activity with periods of rest, making every minute count. You can find numerous HIIT workouts online that require no equipment and can be done anywhere. From squat jumps to burpees, prepare to challenge yourself and reap the benefits of improved endurance and strength.

Yoga Flow

For those days when you’re looking for something a bit more low-key, a 30-minute yoga session can work wonders. Yoga not only enhances your flexibility and strength but also helps center your mind, reduce stress and improve mental clarity. There are plenty of online classes tailored to beginners or those looking for a quick practice.

Circuit Training

Mix up your workout routine with a circuit that targets all major muscle groups. Create a series of five to six exercises, such as push-ups, lunges, planks and jumping jacks. Perform each exercise for 45 seconds to a minute, followed by a short rest, and repeat the circuit two to three times. It’s an easy way to get a full-body workout in a short amount of time, improving your muscular strength and endurance.

Pilates Core Challenge

Pilates focuses on strengthening the core, improving posture and increasing flexibility. A 30-minute pilates session can include exercises like planks and leg circles. Pilates not only helps in developing a strong core but also in enhancing your concentration and body awareness. You can find many online guides or apps offering quick pilates routines suitable for all fitness levels.

Stair master Intervals

A 30-minute stair master workout is an excellent way to challenge your cardiovascular system, tone your lower body and burn calories. The stair master can be intense, so it’s a good idea to start at a pace that feels manageable and gradually increase your intensity as your fitness improves. Increase the pace to a level that feels challenging but sustainable. Focus on pushing through your legs and maintaining a steady breathing pattern. Slow down to a comfortable pace. Begin to lower your heart rate gradually.

Speedy Spin Session

If you have access to a stationary bike, try a high-intensity spin session. Alternate between periods of intense pedaling (think sprinting) and moderate, steady pedaling for recovery. Turn up the music and challenge yourself with different resistance levels to simulate hills. It’s a fantastic way to get a heart-pounding cardio workout in a short amount of time.

University of New Hampshire’24 Business Administration Major