This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s hard to think about anything other than being quarantined right now, and while it would be great to have another topic of conversation, it’s hard to avoid this. For many of us this has been a time where we find ourselves scrolling through Instagram and other social medias, many times a day. We’re constantly refreshing just to see celebrities posting pictures with their kids, bachelor contestants hanging out, and people using their time to finally accomplish all these things they’ve been meaning to catch up on.

Phone with Tik Tok
Photo by Kon Karampelas on Unsplash

If you’re having a hard time transitioning from your routine in Durham to doing schoolwork at home, this can be super discouraging. It’s not easy to make such an abrupt change, especially during such a scary and uncertain time. So, it’s completely understandable if seeing people be productive with their quarantine is frustrating.

It’s okay if you’re having a hard time getting motivated.

It’s okay if you just make it to your online zoom classes.

It’s okay if you don’t go on mile long walks with your family.

It’s okay if you’re not doing home workouts every day.

It’s okay if you’re procrastinating

It’s okay if you haven’t cleaned out your entire closet or redecorated your bedroom.

It’s okay if you don’t get along with your family.

It’s okay if you’re having a hard time adjusting.

Photo by Madison Inouye from Pexels
            Overall, it’s not easy to just pick up where we left off a few weeks ago, and act like it’s normal to be doing it at home. I hope this can serve as a friendly reminder that it’s okay if you don’t feel like anything is going right. This is an abnormal situation, so it is completely fine if you’re not feeling normal. Remember in these trying times to reach out to friends (through a phone or computer, of course), to ask for help if you need it and to take of yoursefl as best as you can. <3

unh '22
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!