Perks of Living With Your Best Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  • Always Having Someone To Talk To
    • ​There’s never a moment of silence when you live with your besties. There’s always something to gab about whether it’s the latest gossip or about the weird dreams you had that night.
  • They’ll Put Baby Powder In Your Hair When It’s Greasy

• Let’s be honest; there are some things that you’d rather just have your bestie do for you. Those weird things that keep you beautiful never go without the help of your bestie. They never let you forget to keep that hair nice and shiny.

• Nightly Law and Order Binges

• When you can’t do any more homework, your best friends are always there to help you become the ultimate procrastinator and become addicted to the wonderful world of Netflix.

• They Take Care of You When You Get Sick

• When you’re lost in a pile of tissues and blankets, she’ll come over and surprise you with the best can of chicken noodle soup and some Sudafed to get you past those college colds.

• They Are Your Second Mom

• You never fear for your safety because you know she always has your back and you never have to walk home buddy-less. She always carries around the pepper spray and a sharp and defensive tongue.

• They’ll Always Hold Your Hair Back For You

• At midnight when the world seems to be ending and your hunched over the toilet, there she is, holding back your hairspray-infested hair and telling you you’re stupid, but she loves you anyway.

• You Can Run Around in Your Underwear

• Who needs clothes when they live with their besties? Modesty does not exist when you’ve been through it all together. Running around without pants on is only ever acceptable when your roommates are your BFF’s.

• Family Dinners

• Sunday night comes around the corner and it’s like an episode of The Brady Bunch. All of you gather and feast on the most luxurious box of Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese and enjoy the time spent with one another.

• Constant Jam Sessions

• Who else will sit with you at 11 o’clock at night and start screaming “Teardrops on my Guitar” by Taylor Swift? No need to worry about disturbing anyone because your roommates will be there singing the words with you.

• When Someone Gets Food, Everyone Gets Food

• Food for one, food for all. No reason for food shortages when you have your friends to give you all the goldfish, ice cream, and ramen you need.

The best thing about living with your friends it that they have a limitless amount of love for you. You sing, work, and Netflix and chill together. Nothing beats having your besties as your roommates. They say once you live together, your friendship will last a lifetime. 

Sophomore, Psychology Major