This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity was recently recognized as the Division I New England Swimmer of the week! Jessica is a UNH freshman whose favorite summer pastime is waterskiing, to find out more about Jessica read our Her Campus exclusive interview below! 

Name: Jess Harper

Hometown: Easthampton, MA

Grade: Freshman

Major: Kinesiology

Activities/Clubs: Swim team

When did you start swimming?I joined my first competitive team at the age of 4.

What is your best stroke?My specialty is distance freestyle.

What is your favorite part of swimming at UNH?My teammates. Being part of a team as soon as I came to campus made my adjustment much easier. All the girls on the team are family; it’s comforting knowing you have a whole group of friends behind you both on the deck and off.

How does it feel to be swimmer of the week?I try not to think about it, honestly. It’s weird to be honored for something I’m used to doing without much publicity. It is kind of a cool feeling when people congratulate me and ask about the team’s progress this season; it’s nice to know our efforts are followed.

Do you have any hidden talents?During the summer I’m on the boat waterskiing any time I can!

Do you have any pre-ritual routines before meets?For me, having fun before racing is more effective than sitting with my headphones on. I try to not think about my races until I’m behind the block so usually I’m laughing and joking around with my teammates before our meets!

What is your favorite dinning hall on campus?Stillings!

If you could be cast in any reality show, which one would you pick?I don’t watch much TV, but definitely Wipeout

Gennifer Davidson

Griffith Gold Coast

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!