This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If anyone has ever told you that life is easy, they couldn’t be more wrong. Life is tough, there’s no denying it. But it’s become clear to me that it’s really about what you do in those tough moments, and how you push through and preserve that really makes your experience your own. We all deal with things differently, we are all unique!

Recently, I have been finding a lot of positivity and strength through inspirational quotes. They show that whatever you’re going through, you’re not alone, and it can give you a new found strength to push through.

With the cold weather fastly approaching, exams and loads of school work, the transition of moving to college for the first time, troubles with friends, troubles at home, mental health, lack of motivation, and anything else under the sun, we are all going through something. And maybe these quotes will help you push through or put a smile on your face, as they did for me.

We’ve all definitely had times where life has thrown something unexpected of us, but we have to just keep going.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller

I think that this can really speak to a lot of people, but when something bad happens, we dwell on it. We want to mourn the source of happiness that is no longer. This doesn’t mean that we can’t be sad when bad things happen, but maybe it’s creating space for something new in our lives, which can be a bit more comforting.

Especially on rough days, it is important to notice the good things that have happened. Whether it be that you woke up this morning, or the stranger who gave you a smile in passing, or how lucky you feel to have a family who loves you, there are good things to look at everyday.

“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”

Even though things may suck, you could be in for the surprise of your life, which is always good (though it can be hard) to keep in mind.

I love this one. It goes right along with the last one. Sure, we all have awful things happen, and there is no denying that, but sometimes our best times seem to happen after our worse ones.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” 

I am a big believer in always being kind. You never know what anyone else is dealing with, and even something so simple as a small compliment or a smile on your way to class can make someone’s day.

I have this one hanging on my wall so I can look at it everyday. We get so caught up in trying to be like the people that we see online and in magazines, that sometimes I think we forget that your uniqueness is beautiful too!

“All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak

I especially enjoy staying in my comfort zone when I am in new places or situations, and I know that you probably do as well. But, good things will come to people who are willing to challenge their comfort zones and improve as a person.

It seems like we wait for things to be over. We tell ourselves to just wait to get through the bad day or the bad month and so on, but we have to find a way to still enjoy things and be as happy as can be!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” – Douglas Adams

A lot of times things don’t turn out the way that we have planned, but sometimes it’s helpful to think of it as a life lesson. Maybe this is what you needed to happen for you to grow and to become the person you were meant to be.

One of my favorite quotes for sure, and it can definitely speak to different people on so many levels. To me, it means to be yourself, because there is so much beauty in that. In a society full of pressure, Sometimes we tend to find what is going to make us fit in the best, when our true beauty comes from being who you really are.

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr

Sometimes we have to challenge ourselves to think differently about things. Although it’s hard, we can always find try to find a positive.

We would never be able to enjoy the beauty of flowers if it weren’t for the rain. Maybe you are going through this tough time, or storm, for a reason, and that reason is so you can bloom.

“The greater the storm, the brighter your rainbow”

As you can tell, I love quotes about storms and what comes after. They are so deep and meaningful because if you sit back and think about it, the true beauty of the world often comes out of storms. You might be a completely different and better person after your storm is over, and you will become the rainbow.

UNH 2022 psychology major be the reason someone smiles today
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!