neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Do’s and Don’ts for a Good Night Sleep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Are you like me and have a difficult time falling asleep at night? The combination of homework, exams, and stress makes it difficult for college students to get the amount of sleep needed.  Here are 5 things you can do to get a better night sleep!

1. Keep a regular sleep schedule

I know this one is difficult for the typical college student who may have loads of homework some nights that can keep you up until 2 a.m., but it is important to try to go to bed around the same time every night. By doing that, your body will get into a routine of going to bed at the same time, therefore you will have an easier time falling asleep.

2. Restrict naps

As hard as it may be, try to nap less and earlier. Not napping at all is the more efficient way to solve the issue of not being able to sleep at night, but if you’re like me and can’t make it through the day without one, try to make it short and early on in the day.

3. Limit your coffee intake

This may be a challenging one for most college students, but it is important to limit the amount of coffee you have in order to fall asleep easily . If you absolutely need to have coffee every single day, strive to eliminate drinking it after lunch time.

4. Bedtime Playlist

Something that really helps me fall asleep is listening to music. After quite a few years of struggling to fall asleep, I have mastered the perfect bedtime playlist. Here are my favorite 3 songs on it; Re: Stacks and Beach Baby by Bon Iver, and Tin Lover by the Paper Kites.

5. Sleep Tea

Drinking sleep tea is a great, natural way to relax your mind and body. It also relieves stress and anxiety.

I'm sophomore at the University of New Hampshire from Bedford, NH and I am studying journalism with a dual major in ecogastronomy. 
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!