This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

After living in an apartment for one semester and having to cook for myself every day I quickly found some tasty go-to recipes.  I don’t always have time to spend cooking, and sadly I cannot afford to go out to eat whenever I feel like it.  These three quick and easy recipes are my favorite things to make when I run out of time to cook and am trying to stay on a budget!

1. Burrito bowls at home:  Nothing is better than chipotle burrito bowls at home that are cheap and easy to make.  In my bowls, I add white rice seasoned with lime, chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, red onion, roasted corn, avocado, black beans, sour cream, and cheese.  It’s just as good as chipotle and half the price, you really can’t beat that.
  2. Sweet potato nachos:  Sweet potato nachos are a great snack for when you want something filling and that tastes great.  You slice the sweet potato as thin as you can and then top it with all of your favorite nacho toppings.  I personally love to add cheese, red onion, black beans, corn, and sour cream.  
  3. Cheese and crackers:  My favorite snack of all time is cheese and crackers.  There is nothing I love more than a charcuterie board, but obviously, on a budget, this isn’t always attainable.  Trader Joe’s has a great cheese and cracker selection for great prices.  And I always love to add honey on top for a special touch.
Hey!! I'm a sophomore at UNH and I am majoring in Biology
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!