8 Reasons UNH Students Have The Best Time in The Fall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1.College woods         

College Woods is a great place to exercise, clear your head, bike, and go for a walk with your friends or pets. There are miles and miles of beautiful trails that all change color in the fall!

2.Apple cider donuts from Emery farm!

Emery Farm is a cute little family owned farm that has the best apple cider donuts ever! They also have a store with a cafe and market, pumpkins, a petting zoo, and a corn maze. They even have ice cream for the warmer fall days!

3. T Hall

Thompson Hall is the perfect photo opportunity in the fall while the leaves are changing color! When the weather is nice, T hall is the perfect spot to sit outside to study or just hang out with your friends.

4. Homecoming!!

Homecoming is one of the most exciting weekends at UNH in the fall by far! Tailgating with friends and going to the football game are so much fun, you don’t want to miss out. There are also plenty of other activities over the weekend like a parade, a fall fair, the orchestra, and the band. So whatever your crowd is there’s something for you!

5. Apple picking at DeMeritt Hill Farm (in lee, NH)

Demeritt Hill Farm is located only about ten minutes away from campus and it’s the perfect spot to pick some apples, take some artsy pictures, and hit the farm store or bakery. I heard they have some amazing apple cider donuts as well! The farm has such a nice set up and it’s definitely worth the short drive off campus.

6. Aroma Joes pumpkin spice and apple cider drinks!

Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice flavored everything in the Fall?? They have a white pumpkin latte, perfect pumpkin iced coffee, and pumpkin bread! If pumpkin spice isn’t your thing then I definitely recommend the apple cider. Aroma Joes is right downtown and it’s also a great space to study while you sip on your favorite fall drink!

7. Halloween

HALLOWEEKEND is soon approaching and Halloween is on a Wednesday this year so that means a LONG weekend of dressing up and going out with your friends!

8. Jessie Doe haunted house

Jessie Doe hall (located right next to Stillings) puts on a haunted house every year for UNH students and the families of Durham and surrounding towns. I heard it’s going to be pretty spooky this year so you should definitely check it out! The haunted house is on Sunday, October 28 2018 at 6:30 PM-9:30 PM and there is no cost, all you need to bring is a non perishable food item or canned goods.

UNH 2021 Choose Kindness!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!