stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Ways To Get Through The Longest Month of Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Coming back to school off of Spring Break, we soon enter the most dreaded month of the semester: April. With no days off those 30 days until we hit the week before finals are going to be rough. It’ll be a long month but if you follow these 7 steps you could make this month ZIP by!

1. Zone In On Your Work

You’re through midterms at this point but teachers seem to just keep piling on the work. Your To Do List is sky high. Best way to get by is to make a schedule weekly and dedicate a set number of hours to go to the library during that week. If you can get to the library and just bust out your work by the end of the week you will be much more relaxed and able to enjoy your weekend. Oh and no laying in bed “reading” the chapter while on facebook doesn’t count. Get your behind to the lib and shut off all social networking to really get stuff done!

2. Pay Attention to Your Health: Diet and Exercise

This is a given. Just because Spring Break is over and you’re not in a bikini 24/7 you don’t want to ruin your body by the time summer sneaks up on you. Make a plan weekly that has a goal at the end of it. Make a diet goal, for example: skip the fried food all week in the dining hall and at the end of the week you’ll feel accomplished. Or make an exercise goal: get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. This may mean just getting outside for some fresh air with a walk or a jog. You don’t have to spend an hour in the gym to get some of the benefits.

3. Make a Semester Bucket List

Want to go to the last free skate? See a MUB movie one Thursday with your girlfriends? Dress up and go to dinner in Portsmouth? Setting up specific dates and plans for weekdays or weekends will help you break up how long the month is going to be. It will give you something to look forward to. (Check out Kellie Ray’s UNH Bucket list or out Late-Night Eats bucket list!) 

4. Get Enough Sleep

The days seem to drag on when you’re exhausted. Get enough sleep every night in order to have productive fast paced days. Try for at least 8 hours of sleep a night even if that means giving up your favorite Netflix show before bed.

5. Spend Time with your Girls

You may be wishing away the semester now, but remember all summer how excited you were to finally get back to see all your besties? Take advantage that you’re all still together and spend as much time as possible. Ask everyone to join you at the dining hall and sit and chat for hours the laughing you’ll be doing can decrease stress, boost your immune system, and release endorphins!

6. Enjoy the Great Outdoors

Come April hopefully it will warm up nicely. This is when the weather is finally feeling like spring and nothing is more beautiful than going for a run through campus. Check out College Woods for an awesome walk/run through nature.

7. Girl Time + Exercise + Studying

Go for a hike with your friends, find a spot to lay down a blanket, and study! Look up local mountains that are good for a simple hike. Grab a friend, pack a lunch, and your books (you’ll get an awesome workout carrying those on your back) and park it on the top of a mountain. Fresh air and a beautiful view will give you the most relaxing study session you’ve ever had.