This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Pumpkin Spice everything, orange and red leaves falling from the trees, apple cider donuts, apple picking, pumpkin decorating, flannels, riding boots, and a brisk chill in the air. That’s right ladies, IT’S FALL!!! It’s my absolute favorite season so naturally I had to write an article about my two favorite things, fashion and fall! I have included a few of the trendiest essential wardrobe pieces that will spice up your style and have you feeling fabulous and fashionable for the cooler weather!

A pink corduroy jacket! Who knew corduroy would be cool again? I would’ve never guessed but I’m so glad it is because how cute is this fabric/color combo? Throw it on with any casual outfit such as jeans, a dress, romper, or even leggings because pink goes with anything and everything!

Denim Jackets! These are one of my favorite things to throw on to make any outfit pop instantly! Any color and any design, pair it with jeans, leggings or even a dress! A fun project can also be to personalize your own! Buy patches from Michael’s or JoAnn’s or even your campus bookstore and customize your own jacket specifically for you!

A bold choice that will add a little extra kick to any fall or winter outfit; metallic booties are making a comeback and I couldn’t be more excited! Throw these on with jeans or leggings for a pop of color, add a fur vest for a classier look, or pair them with a cute black dress for a fun evening look. With so many different style options you could go for the regular 3 inch heel, open toed, lace up style or if you are daring enough to go for an edgy look, grab a pair of the combat style boots.

Teddy coats, fuzzy jackets, fluffy faux fur zip ups (whatever you choose to call them), stop what you’re doing and go buy one right now if you don’t already own one! Trust me, when its 30 degrees outside you will want nothing more than to cuddle up with a fuzzy blanket and a cup of coffee. However, when you have that 8 a.m. class that you have to trudge through the snow to get to, this jacket will make it a little more bearable (pun intended) by making you feel cute and comfy!

As you can probably tell from the items I have chosen to include in this style report, I believe in bold, expressive clothing; that’s why it should be no surprise that I have included BOLD sweaters! My personal favorite brand for fall knitwear is Zara, however they are a little on the expensive side for a college girl’s budget so a couple other more budget friendly stores to shop at for some fun sweaters include: Forever 21, Boohoo, H&M, Macy’s, Urban Outfitters, Tobi, and J. Crew Factory Store.

Military style jackets are super trendy this fall! Green or pink, these jackets are a great item to have on hand to give any ordinary outfit a little extra something on a chilly fall day. Super fun and versatile, they can be paired with sweaters, t-shirts, flannels, jeans, leggings, or even dresses!

Last, but certainly not least, a clothing item I personally wear almost every day: leggings! I’m a firm believer that leggings can go with any outfit! You can dress them up, dress them down (a college girls easiest look that we are all guilty of is leggings and a t-shirt), wear them to the gym, to class, to your chapter meeting, to dinner, or any fall event. Everywhere you look these days, it seems that leggings have completely taken over the pant industry! Leggings really are a girl’s best friend.

I hope you take this advice and run wild with it. I know I personally can’t wait for my next shopping trip to finish my search for everything on this list! Always remember though, however you choose to express yourself through your clothing choices is always accepted, and originality and self-expression are always encouraged in order for you to live your best life! 

Hey Y’all! I’m currently a senior at the Univeristy of New Hampshire studying Program and Event Management! I transferred here from Texas as a Sophmore!  A couple fun facts about me are: I have lived in 6 different states, I’m obsessed with fashion and photography, and I LOVE to sing country music!!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!