What’s Coming/Leaving Netflix this March

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Though spring break is over, our desire to catch up on or start a new Netflix show is as strong as ever! And with new arrivals coming to Netflix this month, there is even more of a yearning to lay in bed with a nice cup of tea and a brand new show or movie queued up.

This month, here are a few shows and movies coming to Netflix:

1. Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters 2

Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS! Who didn’t want to immediately make s’mores after seeing the Marshmallow monster at the end of the first film? These arrive on Mar. 1.

2. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

This classic rom-com is classic Jason Segal! It also has a killer soundtrack — that final credits song sounds like a starry dream. This film arrives on Mar. 1.

3. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Eighteenth Year

Ice T is by far the best character on this show. Que the endless supply of redundant questions! Which is totally okay with me, because I am tired of being the one out of the loop in my own classes; time to watch someone else suffer through that. Ice T arrives on your laptop screens Mar. 1.

4. Revolutionary Road

Were a fan of Jack and Rose in “Titanic” and wanted to see more? This drama about a 1950s married couple stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet so you can relive your “Titanic” dreams. It comes to Netflix on Mar. 1.

5. Marvel’s Jessica Jones, Season 2

Jessica Jones is by far my favorite of the Marvel Netflix series! I never really got into the other shows, but Kristen Ritter is a boss-ass bitch in this show. Season 2 airs on Mar. 8.

6. My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman: Malala Yousafzai

Malala Yousafzai is an icon who has made waves in improving the lives of women around the world. I can’t wait for this! This will be available on Netflix Mar. 9.

7. A Series of Unfortunate Events, Season 2

This was one of my favorite book series as a kid and Neil Patrick Harris is a perfect Count Olaf! Loved him as early as Barney Stinson and I fully supported his role on this show. It airs on Netflix Mar. 30.

However, with new arrivals means the platform needs to clear out some older junk. Here is a list of the shows leaving Netflix in March. En memoria, good shows/movies; you cared for us through many procrastination sessions:

1. Anastasia

I am going to seriously miss this Disney gem! Once upon a December, maybe it’ll be back on online streaming services. It will no longer be available Mar. 1.

2. Archer, Seasons 1-7

Archer is not for everyone and the last few seasons definitely were not great. But it was way better than that rip-off Netflix original “Pacific Heat,” which was borderline racist at times. This entire show will be gone Mar. 14.

3. Zootopia

This was actually a super cute and funny kids movie. It will no longer be on Netflix Mar. 20.

Netflix has to cycle in and out content constantly in order to keep things fresh. And though your favorite show or film may get the boot, it happens! Hopefully, you’ll be able to get to watch it before it’s gone from your queue.

[Header photo courtesy of Digital Trends]

[Text photo courtesy to Giphy]

A junior at UNC Wilmington double majoring in English-Professional Writing and Communication Studies, Casey aspires to work in the field of journalism post-grad. Not only is she Co-Campus Correspondent, but she is also the Editor in Chief of her school's paper, is a writing tutor and has an obsession with early twentieth century American literature.