Sweet Retreat 2015: A Women’s Conference You Don’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Looking for a pre-spring break pick me up? Do you want to be inspired by other amazing women just like you? If so, then you should check out Sweet Retreat, March 5th through the 8th. The retreat features four days of amazing events and speakers that are sure to inspire you to be the best woman that you can be. This unique event has been made possible by Jess Reedy, the owner of Pineapple Studios and the chapter leader of Wilmington’s I AM THAT GIRL.

Pineapple Studios is a yoga/pottery studio located in downtown Wilmington and will be the primary location for Sweet Retreat. Jess says that she created Pineapple Studios so that she could combine her two favorite passions: yoga and pottery. She believes they are both very therapeutic, so it only made sense to house her two loves in the same place. She has been an avid yogi since high school, but during her time at East Carolina University she began to teach yoga and fell in love with pottery. As an art student, originally with a photography concentration, Jess took a required pottery class and immediately changed her concentration to ceramics. This leap of faith paid off though, because now Jess gets to do what she loves on a daily basis.

Jess originally became interested in I AM THAT GIRL after seeing Sophia Bush’s Instagram posts. Sophia Bush is an avid supporter of feminism and women everywhere, so when she kept posting positive, girl power quotes, Jess was intrigued. She did some research, and decided that she needed to bring IATG to Wilmington. Now, she is the chapter leader of Wilmington’s IATG and she is bringing the best of what she has to offer to Sweet Retreat.

Sweet Retreat will be a weekend full of events that are intended to inspire women to be the best that they can be. The retreat was created with the idea that it would give creative women everywhere a chance to meet and exchange ideas. Like Jess, many driven, self-starters will be there to talk about what helped them become successful. So, whether you are attending to meet other incredible women or to learn how to make yourself even more amazing, Sweet Retreat is the place for you.

The event will feature powerful speakers discussing things that they love. The founder of I AM THAT GIRL, Alexis Jones, is flying from Los Angles to attend and speak at the event, along with many other inspiring women. Sweet Retreat began as an idea that Jess had written down in her journal and now the event has become a reality. A lot of planning has gone into the events and the speakers, so this is something that no one in Wilmington is going to want to miss!

To learn more about Sweet Retreat, Pineapple Studios, and I AM THAT GIRL, check out the links below.

http://www.lovepineapplestudios.com/

http://www.lovesweetretreat.com/

http://www.iamthatgirl.com/