This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

It is almost time for spring break! Maybe you have been planning the perfect getaway or roadtrip. And, at some point, you need to start thinking about what you’re packing. Hun, we have got you covered! Here are seven things you should add to your bag before you leave for spring break! 

Sunscreen 

Yes having that sunkissed glow is usually the look everyone is after. Oh honey when you’re sitting out in direct sunlight for hours it can do so much irreversible damage!! Call me the “mom friend” but at the very least put suncreen on your face and neck. 

Your Favorite Page-Turner 

Whether you are in an airport catching a flight to the Bahamas or going home for a few days, it’s nice to have one of your favorite books handy when you need a little escape from your surroundings. 

Snacks 

“Hanger” is unpredictable, so pack a little something in your bag. Trail mix is a great to-go snack and can easily be made if you opt for specific ingredients. 

Water Bottle 

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! If you are not a big water drinker to begin with, use this break to do better! If you are a flavor junkie, then cut up fruit slices. Teabags are another healthy way to create your own refresher. 

Journal 

Bring along a notebook and a pen! Something spectacular could happen, and you may want to commit that memory to paper. 

Fave Sunnies 

Don’t forget your favorite pair of sunnies! They protect your eyes and bring out your inner model. 

Cash 

Have a little emergency cash on hand—$20 can make a huge difference in a pinch. 

Hannah Rzepka is a senior at UNCW studying communication studies with a concentration in marketing. She enjoys creative writing alongside her studies and aspires to be a published author in the near future. Hannah has been writing for HerCampus UNCW for almost four years and has cherished every second of it!!