Searching for Sammy the Seahawk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Hello, fellow Seahawks! Today, March 31st, was really quite special. Our newest chancellor, Jose V. Sartarelli, was installed after the intial announcement in April of 2015. I was so glad I could be in attendance for this special occasion, and I loved hearing what everybody said about him and the future of UNCW. There’s no doubt we’ll continue to keep soaring!

Photo courtesy of Sarah Miner.

Sarah is a senior at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, majoring in Creative Writing (with a Certificate in Publishing) and minoring in English and Psychology.  She is from a small suburb of the Twin Cities in Minnesota and chose to attend UNCW for all of the incredible learning opportunities.  Besides being a contributing writer and managing editor for Her Campus magazine, she is Secretary of Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity, member of the UNCW Rock Climbing Club, and a Trip Leader at Seahawk Adventures.  She is an avid reader, writer, and lover of all things outdoors.  Feel free to follow her on Twitter and Instagram.