Jesse Hunt, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Jesse Hunt

Age: 23

Year: Senior

Major: Creative writing with a concentration in poetry

Minor: English

Hometown: Charleston, South Carolina

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Okay, I’m a Libra but I also heavily identify with most traits of a Cancer. Mostly, I’m just a Mess(™).

HC: What’s your favorite memory at UNCW so far?

JH: One night at the end of exams my sophomore year, I went for a walk around campus in the middle of the night with a few friends. We were having the best time goofing off and running around, and then it started raining. We got completely soaked, and then we decided to jump into the fountain in between the Fisher Student Center/Union, shoes and all. It was one of those nights where, for a brief moment, everything is right with the world and everyone’s hearts are so full and all you know to do is just laugh.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

JH: Adventure. Which could be anything from driving to the local pumpkin patch, to a road trip, to a baseball game. I love to adventure with the people that I care about and document them with lots of pictures. Photography is another favorite pastime of mine.

HC: If you could be any character from any movie or TV show, who would you be and why?

JH: Is it weird to say Pascal from Tangled? He is super sassy. I just love him. Or maybe Peyton from One Tree Hill, in the spirit of living in Wilmington. She’s a super talented artist and all around badass.

HC: Tell us something not many people know about you.

JH: Okay, here’s a weird one. I have this thing called synesthesia, which is a neurological condition that mixes the senses. It’s a really fancy word that means that I associate colors with sounds. Music, peoples’ voices, even the way certain words sound have colors to me. There are many other different facets of synesthesia, some of which I have as well.

HC: If you could super-size any animal and ride it into battle, which animal would you choose & why?

JH: Probs a chameleon because they can change colors, so the enemy would never even see me coming.

HC: What is your spirit animal?
JH: Taylor Swift

HC: What’s one thing you hope to do before you graduate?
JH: I think for me, I’d like to get a picture sitting/standing on the seahawk statue at the front of campus. Proof that I set forth and conquered my time here at UNCW.

Photos courtesy of Jesse Hunt.
Sarah is a senior at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, majoring in Creative Writing (with a Certificate in Publishing) and minoring in English and Psychology.  She is from a small suburb of the Twin Cities in Minnesota and chose to attend UNCW for all of the incredible learning opportunities.  Besides being a contributing writer and managing editor for Her Campus magazine, she is Secretary of Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity, member of the UNCW Rock Climbing Club, and a Trip Leader at Seahawk Adventures.  She is an avid reader, writer, and lover of all things outdoors.  Feel free to follow her on Twitter and Instagram.