How to Break the Mid-Semester Procrastination Cycle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

So it is the time of the semester where all of your organization and motivation disappear and the stress and apathy arises. No fear! Here are some tips that will get you through the rest of the semester:

1) Sit down every week or every 2 weeks and write down every due date that is coming up 

Trust me doing this has really helped me since you get to know how busy or relaxed your week is going to be. Also, it helps with planning things out like whether you have time for a Netflix binge or two!

2) Find the best place to get all of your work done

For me, I cannot work in my dorm room. It is an excuse for me to lay in my bed and spend hours on my phone. So instead I go to the library or some place quiet where I know I can turn on “Do not Disturb” on my phone and get work done for a couple of hours.

3) Find a study buddy

It is so much easier to get up and go to the library if you know you are meeting a friend there. Also, you can plan to go somewhere off campus like a cute coffee shop or by the beach and make a fun day out of it while getting work done.

4) Look at you planner at least once a week

I know this sounds repetitive with the first point but if you consistently look at your due dates you won’t forget anything. So try looking at it while your are eating breakfast or afternoon snack!

5) Take a Break!

The most important thing is to give yourself time to breathe once in a while so you don’t become overwhelmed and build on your stress. Listen to some music, scroll through Pinterest, or if you any self control (unlike me) watch one episode on Netflix. 

Good Luck with the rest of your semester! 

Photos courtsey of Pinterest. 

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".