Homecoming Candidate Spotlight: Kara Goodson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

I had the privilege of speaking with one of UNCW’s homecoming queen candidates: Kara Goodson!  

Her Campus: What are you currently involved with on campus? 

Kara Goodson: I am currently a Resident Assistant in the Seahawk Crossing and intern for Campus Life Arts and Programs. I am a member of Alpha Xi Delta, National Residence Hall Honorary, Order of Omega, and the Campus Conduct Board for the Office of the Dean of Students. 

HC: Which organization nominated you?

Kara: I was nominated by my wonderful sorority Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity.

HC: What are three words your friends and family would use to describe you?

Kara: Three words people would describe me as would probably be: energetic, loving, and weird.

HC: Where do you see yourself five years from now? 

Kara: In five years I hope to have my master’s degree in higher education, working for a great university and being a dedicated UNCW alumnus.

HC: Who is your hero and why?

Kara: My hero is probably Chance the Rapper. He is a lyrical genius and he does so much for the city of Chicago (his hometown). Chance is a wonderful dad and fights constantly for social justice.

HC: When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?

Kara: When I was a kid I really wanted to be a hotel maid. My sister used to tell me how good I was at cleaning and making beds so I wanted to do something I was good at. 

[Photos courtesy of Kara Goodson]

Hannah Rzepka is a senior at UNCW studying communication studies with a concentration in marketing. She enjoys creative writing alongside her studies and aspires to be a published author in the near future. Hannah has been writing for HerCampus UNCW for almost four years and has cherished every second of it!!