This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

It’s that time of the year where everything is haunted, scary, and fantasy-filled. Halloween is just around the corner and if you are wondering what date ideas would be fun for the season, don’t worry, I have you covered. Here are 5 easy date ideas for Halloween:

1.Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin carving is a must! I mean c’mon, did Halloween happen if you didn’t carve a pumpkin? My boyfriend and I recently went and bought a jumbo pumpkin, deciding it would be a very affordable date- and it was! We ended up carving Spongebob and totally killing it, but that’s besides the point. ;) You can even bake the pumpkin seeds at he end for an extra bonus date. 

2. Go Trick-or-treating

You’re never too old to trick-or-treat, right? Candy is candy and Halloween is meant to go out and enjoy the season of all things scary. So grab your significant other and make it a date to go out this Halloween to rack up the delicious candy. 

3. Pick out Halloween costumes together

Before going trick-or-treating, you need a costume, right? Go to a local Halloween store in town and pick out a cute couples outfit to sport this Halloween whether you go to a party or go door-to-door. This date can really get your creative juices flowing before the big night!

4.Watch a scary movie

October is the month to indulge in scary movies. This makes a great date idea because you can cuddle up with a bag of popcorn and hide behind pillows as you get scared together…doesn’t that sound fun? My favorite Halloween movies are Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Halloween Town. 

5. Visit a real haunted house

If you and your partner are the adventurous type, you may love the idea of making a date out of going to a real haunted house. You can research haunted houses near where you live and take a trip in the middle of the night to get extra spooked together. 

All in all, Halloween is meant to be enjoyed, so whatever your plans are for Halloween, I hope you have fun and stay safe!

-Tally

Natalia Pavel is currently Senior at UNCW studying communication and digital art, hoping to pursue a career in marketing or graphic design. Her passions include graphic design and writing. She's always starting new projects, and gets inspiration from the beach where she resides during the school year. You will most likely find her with her computer working on Adobe InDesign at a local coffee shop.