david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 ways to Spend Your Halloween Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Congratulations, you finally decided on your Halloween Costume! Or, if you’re anything like me, you’ve spent countless hours making your costume, precisely assembling every piece for multiple outfits and the time has finally come… it’s Halloween Weekend!

Thursday – Oct. 30 Those of us who are lucky enough to have no Friday classes (or are just really self-disciplined) can get an early start on the festivities by donning costumes on the eve of Halloween.

Costume Party at Ziggy’sThe Greenhouse Band and Collective Dialect are giving a concert at Ziggy’s in downtown Wilmington. What better way to enjoy live music than by wearing your first awesome outfit of the weekend? This event is only $5.

If you happened to see The Nude Party band at Ziggy’s on Oct. 9, chances are you also saw The Greenhouse Band perform! They rocked the venue with their tunes that give a surfy vibe. Think Mac DeMarco.

“Phantom of the Opera”

If you’d rather watch professionals than dance the night away yourself, go to Thalian Hall for the City Ballet’s rendition of this thrilling classic. Cost: $10-25 depending on seating.

Friday – Oct. 31  Halloween!With the sad reality of 8 a.m. class, you might have to wait until the actual night of Halloween to get your spooky on. So, you and your friends have your Uber set up and are heading downtown but you don’t have a destination? Choose from:

Nightmare in Wonderland

From 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., The Juggling Gypsy hookah lounge is hosting a night of visual wonder featuring fire spinning, tarot readings, body painting, and more! Cost: $10-$12.

$500 Costume Contest at Ibiza!

Fun Costumes. Loud Music. 18+ .  Need I say more?

Hell Raising Halloweekend

City Limits is giving away $1,000 in costume prizes! Also the perfect opportunity to cross riding a mechanical bull off your bucket list.

Saturday- Nov. 1 Why stop the fun after the holiday is technically over?

Rave to the Grave

Ibiza is giving away free glow accessories!

City Limits

If you didn’t make it out earlier in the weekend, or just love your costume so much you want to wear it two nights in a row, enter the contest for your chance at one of $1,000 worth of prizes.

Sierra is a Communication Studies major, and finally a senior! In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is the Lifestyles Editor for UNCW's student newspaper, The Seahawk. She is the Social Media Chair for the university's Style and Modeling Company (STYMO). In her free time, you can most likely find her catching a concert at Ziggy's by the Sea in downtown Wilmington.