An UBER Exciting App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

What is one thing many college students use on a regular basis? Cabs! But, sometimes they present college kids with hassles, such as the need for cash, the difficulty of splitting the fare, and the issue of not knowing an exact address of where you need to be picked up or dropped off. Thankfully, Uber came to Wilmington this summer. Download Uber before your next night out on the town and you won’t have to worry about any of these complications again.

Founded in 2009, Uber is an application that allows you to request car service at the tap of a finger. Once you sign up, Uber uses GPS to find your location so you don’t need to know your exact address to request a ride. Once you’ve requested a ride, you can simultaneously track how close your driver is to reaching your location. Since your credit card information is accessed upon downloading, you won’t have to carry cash again when catching a ride. Instead, Uber will charge the card on file and email you a receipt. As if Uber wasn’t already super convenient, if your friends are also using the app, the fare can be automatically split between the credit cards of all the passengers in the car. If you’re still not convinced that Uber is the best app to be created for college students, here is one last selling point. Each time you invite a friend to join, Uber will credit a free ride to you and another to your friend’s account.

If you find Uber intriguing, but want to be making money instead of spending it, join the Uber team and start driving today. Once you’ve registered to be a driver, Uber will approve your information and give you a phone to use while you’re working. Best of all, since you drive your own car and never have to check in at an office, you create your own schedule and drive whenever works best for you.

So, take a moment and download Uber to save yourself time, money and the hassle of ever needing to call a cab again.