mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things You Realize When It’s Still Summer At The Dub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Ah, so it’s that time of year again when all of your classes are now in full swing and the Nike gym shorts and tank tops are pulled out of your closet for yet another beginning-of-the-school-year spectacular. Summer time in NC can be brutally hot, but when you’re on campus walking from class to class, you experience heat like you’ve never experienced before. Not only do you have to dread walking down Chancellor’s, but you also have to dread the excruciating heat. Here are a few things you realize when it’s still summer at the dub.

1. Walking down Chancellor’s every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for a 50-minute class is dreadful.

Not only is Chancellor’s a dangerous and a long walk, but walking it during the day when the heat is on full blast makes you feel like you need to go back and shower from the sweat.

2. It’s impossible to try to look nice.

After a few times of walking in the heat, you realize that the fantasy of looking and dressing nice to go to class is–and always will be–just a fantasy when you know you’re only going to sweat through it.

3. Wearing tons of makeup is a no go.

Taking the time and effort in putting on makeup those first weeks of classes when it’s like a sauna outside isn’t even worth it.

4. Walking to Hawk’s Nest when you live on the other side of campus is also a no go.

When the craving for certain foods kick in and you think you need it ASAP, but end up realizing it’s so far away and it’s also 90 degrees outside.

5. Last but not least, you realize that deodorant and showers are the best things to be invented.

After a long day of being in the heat and sweating from walking to class, nothing beats getting in the shower. And–of course–deodorant because no one wants to smell you.

Gif courtesy of giphy.com.

Kayla is a freshman at UNCW majoring in communication and minoring in journalism.