5 Shows To Watch If You Are Obsessed With Baking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

So if you’re like me and love everything that the holiday season brings, then you love baking. The smell of the holiday season mixed with fresh baked cookies straight from the oven is one of the best things to come home to for winter break.  The best thing to do while baking cookies is to binge watch shows all about baking.

1.Great British Bake-Off

Great British Bake-Off follows 10 home bakers from all over the UK while they compete in 3 challenges every week involving 1 category of baking.  From breads and cakes to even more British bakes like Victorian and Patisserie, these bakers make everything from scratch.  At the end of the season, the two host, Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, chose a winner to hold the title of winning the Great British Bake-Off. You can stream all 4 seasons that were shown available in the United States on Netflix.

2. Great British Bake-Off Masterclass

If you start to watch Great British Bake-Off and end up wanting to bake everything the home bakers were creating, then this show is just for you.  Great British Bake-Off Masterclass shows Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood bake some of the most difficult bakers during the season. They even end every season with a holiday episode, where Mary and Paul bake their favorite British holiday bakes. All 3 US seasons are available to stream on Netflix.

3. Cake Boss

If competition shows are not your thing, then a reality show about a bakery owner from New Jersey might just be your thing.  Cake Boss follows Buddy Valastro and his family while they make amazing centerpieces from just cake. They make everything from wedding cakes to specialty cakes for different occasions.  Cake Boss is available to stream on Hulu.

4. Holiday Baking Championship

Holiday baking comes to the Food Network with the Holiday Baking Championship.  Hosted by three longtime Food Network stars they judge professional chefs and bakers on their holiday bakes.  Holiday Baking Championship streams now on Hulu for seasons.

5. Great America Baking Show

The US version of the Great British Bake-Off, hosted by Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, takes holiday baking to another level.  All of the challenges in this show revolve around the holiday season, letting some of Americans best home bakers be judged by the Brits who know now everything about the baking world.  The new season of Great America Baking Show premiers on December 7 on ABC at 9|8c.

Happy Baking!

Jessica is a senior majoring in Film Studies and minoring in Business. She is set to graduate in December. After graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Film focusing on pre-production. Being a part of the Her Campus chapter at UNCW has helped Jessica branch out in her writing and explore new interest.