This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Seahawks, this semester has flown by. It’s crazy that the Spring 2019 semester will be over soon, and our senior class will graduate and leave us behind. Of course, before we can get to summer, we need to get through the rest of the school year. Sigh. With only one more school break ahead of us (thanks, Easter!), it’s going to be quite a busy month leading up to finals.

If you’re feeling the stress, here are some positive affirmations to motivate you. This year, you can finish strong. You’ve got this!

I’ve made it this far!

As difficult as this semester has been, you’ve overcome many hurdles. Keep it up!

Grades and GPA don’t define me.

At the end of the day, what matters most is being a good, kind person. How well you do in school isn’t a reflection of who you are as a human being. Yeah, yeah, your academic advisor might say something different, but you need to remember not to let your GPA get you down.

I have friends and family that support me no matter what.

So what if you had to withdraw from a class? So what if you flunked that test? There are people in your life who love you unconditionally, and they know you’ll always bounce back from any hardship—and they’ll be right by your side, cheering you on every step of the way.

There is more to life than school.

It may not seem like it when you’re drowning in papers and tests, but it’s true! College seems like forever right now, but in a few years, we’ll leave it behind. We should enjoy our time in college while we can by joining clubs, making friends, and giving ourselves much-needed downtime.

I am freaking amazing!

Sometimes you’ve just got to remind yourself how amazing you really are. Don’t let the stress keep you down; you can make it through anything!

To close, I’d like each and every one of you to recite the oath of the Pawnee Goddesses to pump yourselves up with positive energy:

“I am a goddess, a glorious female warrior. Queen of all that I survey. Enemies of fairness and equality, hear my womanly roar. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com. Photo courtesy of Riana Nelson]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.