We Can Do It: Your Guide to Voting this November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

As October comes to an end, midterm elections are fast approaching and it is almost time to hit the polls and vote! Here is your guide with everything you need to know about registering, researching candidates and rocking the vote.

Check your registration. In college, the precincts designated for voting are usually located within buildings on campus, but your area may change from year to year, so make sure you know your most updated location.

Do your research. Making it to the polls is important, but knowing the facts when it comes to candidates is essential to placing your vote confidently. For more information about the candidates in the Guilford County General Elections, click the following links: General Election Candidates and Candidate Surveys. Researching each of the candidates and amendments may take some time, but it will be worth it to know that you are making an accurate judgment each time you vote. It is always best to go in with a plan and never vote impulsively at the polls.

Vote! And Encourage your friends. College is a time for many young people to find their voices and discover their abilities to make a change, and one way this happens is through voting. Voting is also a privilege that many around the world still do not have, so it is crucial to take advantage of these opportunities. Discuss candidates with a friend, debate the prevalent issues and then encourage those around you to hit the polls with you and participate!

We all have the power to make a change, and what better way to let your voice be heard than through voting? So get out there and rock the vote!

My name is Isabella Whitehead, but I mostly go by Bella. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies. I have been a part of the Her Campus UNCG team since Fall 2017 and will be stepping up this year as a Co-Campus Correspondent. Writing is a passion of mine and I enjoy working with HerCampus to inform, entertain and empower my fellow students.