This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Treating yourself right it very important if you want to live a healthy life. When I say yourself, I’m talking about your mind and your body need to be taken care of. As adults we start to get busy and neglect the care that our body needs. It is vital that you take a little bit of time for yourself if not daily then weekly. Here are some quick tips on taking care of your mind and body.

Treat yourself

Yes I know this is a common phrase but it’s very important in your journey to positivity. Get your nails done, buy that new shirt or those cute shoes you’ve been wanting. You should be able to feel good about your appearance.

Go to the gym

It’s fine if you don’t like working out because not many people do but taking some time out to do yoga, go for a run or lift some weights can be a great stress reliever as you release those endorphins. It might even help if you eat a little healthier or drink more water, your body will love you for it.

Have a Spa Day

Take some time out of your day to soak your feet, put on a face mask and relax.

Hangout With Friends

Your friends should bring positivity into your life so try planning a girl’s night. Whether you go out or stay in, it is important to surround yourself with those who will uplift you.

Enjoy Some Alone Time

Giving your mind the time to enjoy the peace and quiet might be the best thing for you at the moment. Give yourself some time to think about all the positivity in your life. You could get some reading done or you can meditate.

Body positivity is only possible if you’re able to take care of yourself and maintain it. Sometimes the stress of life can tear you apart and bring about some negativity but you have to allow yourself to take a step back and love yourself.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.