This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Chipotle started this trend a few years back with their burrito bowls, but the rest of the world is finally catching on to just how versatile this “bowl” idea truly is. Breakfast, lunch, dinner- any ingredients, you name it, people are figuring out how to fit it all in a bowl and make it look Insta-worthy (AND, best of all, actually meal-worthy!). They’re endlessly customizable and always a fun way to fancify the typical plate meals; here are a few of my favorites!

Breakfast

Smoothie Bowls – Your favorite smoothie blend, topped and decorated however you’d like.

Ingredients:

1 cup frozen fruit (any kind) + 1 frozen banana

½ cup veggies/greens (kale, spinach, carrots, etc.)

½ cup liquid (coconut water, juice, or any kind of milk)

2 tablespoons protein (peanut butter, almonds, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.)

Toppings- Whatever you’re craving! (chocolate chips, coconut flakes, cinnamon, granola, etc..)

Steps:

Blend everything in a blender, except the toppings. Pour in a bowl and decorate with toppings of your choice!

Lunch

Quick Quinoa Bowl – 10 minutes and you’ll have the best lunch this week!

Ingredients:

¾ cup cooked quinoa

¼ cup protein (diced chicken, tuna, chickpeas, tofu, steak – mix and match!)

¼ cup veggies (sliced grape tomatoes, steamed broccoli, sauteed spinach/kale, shredded carrots, etc.)

2 tablespoons dressing (balsamic vinaigrette, greek yogurt ranch, citrus dressing, etc.)

Garnish (lemon/lime wedge, cilantro, thyme, red pepper flakes, sriracha, up to you!)

Steps:

Mix the dressing with the quinoa. Add your protein, veggies, and garnish to the top, and enjoy!

Dinner

Buddha Bowl – A little more specific than the breakfast and lunch, but it’s too good not to share with you guys.

Ingredients:

¾ cup cooked jasmine or basmati rice

¼ recipe honey garlic shrimp and broccoli (if you’re not a shrimp fan, substitute with another protein!)

½ sliced avocado

Garnish- sprouts, shredded carrots, sesame seeds, cilantro, and sriracha

You can probably see why #BowlSoHard is growing in the food world- they’re so quick, so customizable, and so CUTE! Chipotle’s got nothin’ on these; find your favorite and tag us, I’d love to see your creations and give them a shot!