Shows to Check Out on Hulu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

One of the best ways to de-stress is to sit back and catch up on one of your favorite shows. If you’re like me, you’re prone to binge-watching. Hours later, you’re done watching the show and now are in search for a new one. Here are a few suggestions:

1. UnReal: “gives a fictitious behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program. This provocative drama shows how a young producer manipulates her relationships with, and among, the contestants to get the dramatic footage that the program’s dispassionate executive producer demands.”

2. Happy Endings: “Forget who gets to keep the ring, when a couple splits, the real question is, who gets to keep the friends? In this modern comedy, a couple’s break up will complicate all of their friends’ lives and make everyone question their choices.”

3. Pitch: “Talented baseball pitcher Ginny Baker immediately rises to fame when she is called up by the San Diego Padres and becomes the first woman in Major League Baseball.”

4. 11.22.63: “This eight –part event series follows Jake Epping, an ordinary high school teacher, presented with the unthinkable mission of traveling back in time to prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963.”

5. The Path: “The Path follows a family at the center of a controversial cult movement as they struggle with relationships, faith and power. Each episode takes an in-depth look at the gravitational pull of belief and what it means to choose between the life we live and the life we want.”

6. Secrets and Lies: “The explosive power of people’s secrets and lies takes center stage when a murder disrupts their seemingly normal lives. New questions arise about who can be trusted and what people will do to keep their private indiscretions from ruining their lives.”

7. Wayward Pines: “A Secret Service agent travels to Wayward Pines, Idaho, in search of two federal agents who have gone missing. Instead of answers, Ethan’s investigation only turns up more questions and he soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.”

8. Misfits: “Meet Kelly, Nathan, Curtis, Alisha and Simon, five unruly teenagers forced to do community service as payback for their crimes. When a freak electrical storm hits their town, strange things begin to happen to them and they soon realize they’ve turned into superheroes.”

9. You’re the Worst: “an original, critically-acclaimed comedy series that takes a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven’t been very successful with either.”

10. Broad City: “A bottle of wine tastes just as good when you pay with all pennies. That’s a fact. And no matter what the city throws at twenty-somethings Abbi and Ilana, these broads are all in. Catch the totally fresh, new series based on the acclaimed digital shorts.”

If you don’t have Hulu, here is a link to a free week subscription: https://secure.hulu.com/signup?screen_index=0&client_type=web&plus=1