This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

SLEEP! It’s what we all love. You get all cozy in your nice warm bed, turn off the lights, get comfy, and then browse on social media for a few hours (I know I’m not the only one). But then….morning classes are a thing. And I for one absolutely hate getting up out of bed. I’m one of those people who does the bare minimum when it comes to getting ready in the mornings and runs out the door hoping I’ll get to class on time. But enough ranting about mornings, I want to share some useful tips that may help you make those dreadful mornings look more like this:

Before bed:

1. Turning off your electronics – I know this one might be a bit tricky as you may have homework that needs to be done or you need to do some last minute studying for that test in the morning you barely prepared for. Just give it a try and in the meantime try winding down by reading a good book.

2. Drink tea – Tea without caffeine in it that is. Whenever I drink tea before bed it soothes me and makes me less stressed about upcoming assignments. Talk about a win win!

3. Don’t hit snooze! – This tip might be torture for some people, but I personally have found it one of the most helpful. When you go to bed, set your alarm on the time you need to get up and then set it across the room so when you are woken up by ringing, you will have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm!

After bed:

1. Drink coffee – I used to not be a coffee person, but now I love drinking something that has a good taste that will also help me become more focused on my early classes.

2. Take a shower – This may require getting up a little earlier than what you usually set your alarm for, but you’ll thank me in the end. It’s a great feeling to be refreshed and clean to start a great day.

3. Work out – Have you ever heard of the sunrise yoga class they have here on the UNCG campus? If not, I highly recommend as yoga is a great way to clear your mind, feel stronger, and think more positive to help your mind and soul. If you want further info about dates and times, check out this link.

Whether you followed one of these helpful tips or all of them, I hope you have a better understanding of how mornings don’t have to be as bad as you think they are. It just takes trial and error of what best helps you get up and have a positive mindset to a great day!