Easy Things to do Over Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

After seven weeks, we have all survived midterms! Now is the time to sit down, relax, and enjoy time with some of your loved ones. Although this is a time where you could be studying for upcoming exams or trying to catch up in some classes, many of you live away from school. This means that you will have loads of free time and you will most certainly be asking yourself what your plans are for fall break. Here is a list of fun things you can do!

Take a day or night trip around your city.

No matter where you live in your city it is very unlikely that you have seen everything that your city has to offer. If you have you can always take an adventure to the city/town over. Every city and town is different which means that they each have something different, new and exciting to offer – even if it is something small. Take a day to lose yourself in something new.

Have a friend/family dinner.

As college students many of us cannot remember when we had our last home cooked meal. The same goes for seeing our close family and friends. Set aside a day where you can plan a meal and make it together with your loved ones. This way you can use this time to catch up, eat a good meal and relax.

Watch the show that you have been putting off.

We all have that one show or movie that has been sitting on our Netflix list for ages. While it may not be possible for you to do something everyday of your fall break, this is something easy and fun that can be done quickly. Once you start that new show -especially if it has multiple seasons- you can have something to watch as a guilty pleasure when school is back in session!

Go on a walk. This walk can be anywhere. It can be in the middle of the city, a trail or even your neighborhood. Take this time to relax and practice mindfulness. As college students we are always on the move. Due to this, more often than not we don’t take the time to appreciate what is around us. Take the time to get some fresh air and think of things that are relaxing and stress reducing!  

Catch up on sleep. It is inevitable that most of us will need to catch up on sleep after midterms. Take the time each day to catch up on your sleep, but don’t let that be the only thing that you get done over the break! Once you catch up on sleep, you can always start the dreaded homework that will inevitably begin when you return to school.

Have a relaxing, refreshing fall break!  

My name is Taylor Monk-Watkins. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Biology (Pre-Med) and Religious Studies (Islamic Studies). Writing is a passion of mine as well as other things such as music and fashion.