Style

Hop On These Latest Fashion Trends for Spring 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

There’s no doubt that every season brings a new certain “drip” into our everyday outfits. Some may love fall looks while others love summer and spring and the chance to show that amazing body. As we move into the new year, we also move into new style trends. Now that we have spring just around the corner, let’s take a look at the new trends and styles coming along with it. Along with some affordable favorite as well.

1. Going neutral is never a bad choice

Neutral tones/earth tones have always been a look and popular in the fashion world, but you can never go wrong with a full tan/khaki look this spring.

Some of my favorite neutral tone pieces include this wonderful Paper Bag Tie-Waist Culottes from Forever 21, just at $24.90. The perfect long pant for the perfect warm weather to come. Top with this Slub Knit Sharkbite-trimmed hoodie also from Forever 21.

2. Metallic or Satin? How About Both?

You could almost never go wrong wearing a satin top in the 70° spring weather, imagine how beautiful your outfit would look during the golden hour. And don’t even get me started on how the people would react to your newest Instagram photo wearing that glowing outfit.

Don’t lose the chance of snatching this Ivory satin cami from ASOS at just $24.90. Looking for a night out dress with your best girls? Get this luxurious pearl grey satin dress from Zara for just $49.90.  

3. Color-blocking all of spring? Of course!

Color-blocking has been huge in the fashion world recently and for as long as I could remember; you’ve probably seen it a lot during Fashion Week last year! Because of this, it’s perfect for spring. You have the opportunity to step outside your comfort zone and explore saturated clothes.

Here’s an entire outfit idea for you guys, get this bright pink textured t-shirt from Zara just $19.90 and pair it with this blue contrast binding long trench coat from Shein for just $23.00.

4. Raincoats but make it fashion

Spring is known for bringing us constant rain and quite literally ruining our drip. That’s why you could never go wrong with a cute little see-through raincoat. Not only are you getting your wonderful outfit covered, but you’re also letting everyone know you got style.

Now when you search up “Clear Raincoats” on Google, a large chunk of them are overpriced so here’s this cute and funky hooded clear vinyl jacket from Forever 21 for just $39.90.

Now, these are just a few of my favorite fashion trends for spring this year, of course, there are several hundred more out there roaming around the fashion world and it’s never too late to pick up a couple of affordable items! Feel free to also roam around your very own closet and recreate a few of these items at the comfort of your home.

Samira is currently a Business Administration Marketing major and Communications minor at the University of Missouri in Kansas City. With a strong passion for writing and journalism, she hopes to educate you every time you reach the end of one her many motivational articles!
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.